This release of LightCMS brings you many new store features and enhancements, including updated designs for certain shopping pages, order refunds, sorting and pagination for orders and customers, and much more.
You can now issue full or partial refunds to your customers from the orders detail pages. This feature is available only for orders that were paid for by credit card and only if your site uses the Stripe, Authorize.net, or PayPal Web Payments Pro payment gateways. When an order meets these criteria, the Refund Payment button is displayed in the Payment details section of the order details screen.
Clicking the button displays the refund amount field. By default, the refund amount is set to the total of the order, less any previous refunds for that order. You can change the amount if necessary.
Any refunds issued for an order are listed in the Order History section of the Order details page.
Redesigned Store Pages
Several store related pages now have updated designs that make it easier for developers to style the pages. These pages include:
- Shopping Cart
- Product Details
- Product Listing
For existing sites, the new page designs are not active. This is to keep them from possibly having an adverse effect on any custom styling you may already have in place for those pages. So, if you want to use these redesigned pages on a site, you need to opt in. You can do this on the Store Settings, Options tab. Simply select the Enable updated store designs box.
It is important to note that after you enable this option, you cannot revert to the old page designs.
Any new sites will automatically use the new page designs.
Sort and Pagination for Customers and Orders
The Customers list and the Orders list now give you the ability to sort the list by clicking a column heading. Clicking a heading once orders the list in ascending order, and clicking the heading again sorts the list in descending order. Additionally, the lists now also include pagination so you can quickly and easily page through them. You can specify the number of rows to include on each page by selecting the number from the Show dropdown menu in the upper left corner of the list.
You can now enable customizations of a product, for example custom printed or engraved merchandise such as a coffee mug or an inscribed necklace. When enabled, the product detail page displays a customization field where visitors can enter their customization information. To enable product customization, edit the product and go to the Advanced tab.
Images for Product Variants
You can now assign specific images to product variants. You assign images on the product variant details. When you click the Assign Images to Variant button, you can choose a specific product image to assign to that variant. Only images assigned to the product are available for selection.
Disable Escape to Login
The Escape key has always served as the shortcut key for displaying the login page for a site. However, it’s also common practice to use the Escape key as a cancel key. This can inadvertently lead to a site visitors displaying the login screen. You can now disable the Escape key for logging in to your site. To display the login screen, you instead go to the login URL. To enable or disable the Escape key for logging in, go to the Website Settings Advanced tab.
Select the Disable Escape Action box to disable the feature, or clear the box to enable the feature.
Show Description for Image Gallery
Previously, the description for an image in a gallery was not displayed in the slide show. Your only option for displaying formatted text was to enter raw HTML code in the image title and configure the slideshow to display titles. This release of LightCMS brings a new feature to the Image Element with a Gallery Style of Slideshow. The Show Description option now lets you display the formatted description text in the slideshow. This makes it possible for you to use the WYSIWYG editor for writing your description and then have that description display for the image.
To see what else is included in this release, review the following 2017.1 Release Notes.
2017.1 Release Notes
- Added the ability to disable the Esc to Login feature. To enable or disable this feature go to the Advanced tab of the site settings. Select the Escape Action box to disable the feature or clear the box to enable the feature. When disabled you go to the login URL to log in.
- Image elements with a Gallery Style of Slideshow have a new Show Descriptions option. Selecting this option displays the description for an image in the slideshow.
- The shopping cart, product detail page, and product listing element have all been redesigned with new layouts designed to simplify custom styling. Existing sites continue to use the old designs, but you can enable the new designs by selecting the Enable updated store designs box at Store > Store Settings > Options tab. It's important to note that you cannot disable these designs after they are enabled. New sites use the new designs.
- The Order Details page now includes a Refund button for orders that were paid with a credit card through the Stripe, Authorize.net, or PayPal Web Payments Pro credit card gateway. Clicking the Refund button initiates a refund.
- You can now enable customizations of a product, for example custom printed or engraved merchandise. When enabled, the product detail page displays a customization field where visitors can enter their customization information. To enable product customization, edit the product and go to the Advanced tab.
- The recycle bin now includes a Shortcut column that displays the shortcut for a deleted page. The column is blank for deleted elements.
- The Websites admin page now lets you sort the site list in ascending or descending order by clicking a column heading. Additionally, the list provides pagination for accounts that have a large number of sites. You can specify the number of sites to display on a page, by selecting the number from the Show dropdown list.
- The Allow search engines to index publishpath.com domains option is now cleared by default for publishpath domains when you select a custom domain as the default domain. This is an important SEO consideration when a site has a public custom domain. Allowing search engines to index the custom domain and the publishpath domain can result in lower rankings on search results pages. Indexing only the custom domain can yield higher search engine rankings.
- The Site Settings Advanced tab now includes a Body Class field that enables you to specify a body class to every page on the site.
- The store checkout settings now includes an option to use VAT (Value-Added Tax) instead of taxes on checkout. This option is to accommodate international sales.
- The Manage Customers page now provides the ability to sort the customer list in ascending or descending order by clicking a column heading. The list also includes pagination for stores with a large number of customers. You can change the number of customers to display on a page by selecting the number from the show dropdown list.
- The Orders page now provides the ability to sort orders in ascending or descending order by clicking a column heading. The list also includes pagination. You can change the number of orders to display on a page by selecting the number from the show dropdown list.
- The store currency format for Including Currency Type and Without Currency Type is now set to a default format based on the currency value if the store owner does not set the format.
- The Code element now includes a Title field. You can select the Display this title box to display the title at the beginning of the code element. Leave the box unselected to not display the title.
- You can now create product-specific discount codes. To make a code product specific, on the discount code setup page select the Limit Discount Code to Specific Product box, and then choose the product.
- You can now assign specific images to product variants. To assign an image, edit the product variant and click the Assign Images to Variant button, you can then choose a specific product image to display for that variant. Only images assigned to that product are available for selection.
- When the user highlights text in the text editor and then clicks the Document Manager button on the toolbar, the highlighted text is now set as the text for the document link.
- The checkout shipping country now defaults to the country where the store is located.
- The checkout screen now displays "Included Taxes" when it is applicable.
Posted on Tue, March 21, 2017
by David Dorrell