This release of LightCMS brings a highly requested new feature: Plan Builder, which lets you create up to 5 unique pricing plans. This release also includes the Blog Post featured image.
Keep reading to learn more about these two exciting new features and what else you will find in this release.
Available to those LightCMS users in the Developer Program (Professional), the plan builder lets you create up to 5 unique pricing plans for you to offer your clients.
To create a plan, go to the Developer tab of the Account Settings screen. You specify the following information for each plan:
- Plan Name
- Maximum number of pages
- Maximum GB of storage
- Maximum number of products
- Price for the plan
Click the + button to add a plan. As you add plans, new columns are added to the table. Enter your amounts for each plan option, and then click the Save button at the bottom of the screen. By selecting the Clients may upgrade or downgrade their websites, your clients will have the ability to switch from one plan to another. Your plans are displayed on the subscription page.
You can assign a plan to an account or let your clients upgrade their plans at any time. However, clients cannot downgrade to a plan that offers fewer pages, products, or gigabytes of storage than currently in use on their website.
Creating new plans has no effect on the plans your clients are currently on, although you can upgrade them to a new plan at any time.
The blog post featured image lets you assign an image to display prominently at the beginning of a blog post.
You specify the featured image for a blog post on the Blog Post Images tab. You can add a new image for your post or you can select a previously-added image.
You have two options for adding a new featured image for a post. The first method is to drag the image file from your computer and drop it on the featured image upload area on the Images tab. The second method for uploading an image is to click the Upload button in the featured images area on the Blog Post Images tab. Clicking the Upload button displays a browse dialog box and lets you browse to your image file.
Featured images are stored in the BlogFeaturedImages folder on your site.
To select an existing featured image, click the Select Existing button. This displays all images stored in your BlogFeaturedImages folder. Click an image and then click the Select button to choose an existing image.
The Show in List Views checkbox lets you specify if the featured image should display for blog elements formatted to display as a list, for example List, List with Summary, or List with Body. When unchecked, the featured image does not display in lists.
New Blog Post Images Tab
The blog post settings now includes an Images tab. The Images tab enables you to manage blog featured images and blog thumbnail images.
With this release you can also specify if a blog thumbnail image should be displayed in a blog element formatted to display as a list. A new Show in List Views checkbox, illustrated above, lets you specify if the thumbnail image should display for the post in list views. When checked, the thumbnail image, if assigned will display in any blog post formatted to display as a list such as List, List with Summary, or List with Body. When unchecked, the thumbnail image is not displayed, even if a thumbnail image is assigned to the post.
New Responsive Template, Knox
This release introduces a new fully responsive design: Knox. As with all LightCMS designs, this design is available for use on any LightCMS website at no additional charge.
You can use this design as is or customize it with the LightCMS built in Design Editor. If you're an advanced user, you can even download the design source code to use as a starting point for a new, custom design.
To see the design in action for yourself, click the image above or log in to LightCMS and go to the Design section on the toolbar. Choose the Gallery, and look for Featured Designs. You can apply the design to your site or download the source files. You can also see the design in the LightCMS Design Viewer.
Released May 28th
As you may have already seen these new features and enhancements were released today, Thursday, May 28th. For a look at what else to expect in this release, take a look at the 2015.5 release notes below.
- The blog post now lets you specify a featured image. The image is displayed prominently on the page before the post. Featured images are added on the new blog post Images tab.
- The new Plan Builder feature enables you to create up to five unique pricing plans for your clients. You create plans on the Developers tab of the Account Settings page.
- The new responsive design, Knox is now available in the design area. You can see the design in action here.
- The blog post settings page now contains a new Images tab. This tab lets you specify the featured and thumbnail images for the blog post.
- The blog post thumbnail image has a new Show in List Views option. When checked the thumbnail image displays for any blog element formatted to display as a list. When unchecked the thumbnail image does not display in the list view.
- The event date and blog post date displayed on the Manage Events and Manage Posts pages were incorrectly passed through a timezone conversion. This conversion was unnecessary so it was removed.
- Fixed the issue that prevented IE 10 from displaying images on the Image element Add/Edit screen.
- If a blog post had no author and was exported from LightCMS, it could not be re-imported into another blog element. Exported posts with no author, can now be imported into another blog element.
- If a 301 redirect is set to go to the home page, it now redirects to the website root "/" instead of "/home".
- The website name is now HTML decoded in the order confirmation email subject line to remove HTML code.
- Corrected the issue that caused the thumbnail image upload to fail when an image was uploaded during new post creation.
Posted on Thu, May 28, 2015
by David Dorrell filed under