This release of LightCMS brings you a highly requested feature, the Code Element, which enables you to add code to pages on your site without the interference the text editor sometimes presents. Keep reading to see what other exciting new features and enhancements you will find in this release.
Previously when you wanted to add code to a page on your site, you had to add a Text Element to the page, then switch to code view and paste your code in the editor. This method of adding code can present problems and may result in something other than your desired results. This is due to the HTML validation that occurs within the Text editor.
To add code, go to the element’s settings. This gives you access to the code editor, advanced settings, for the element, and user and role permissions.
You can change the code editor settings by clicking the gear icon in the lower left corner of the editor. Editor options include:
- Dark editor: Toggles between dark background and light text or light background and dark text
- Line wrap: Toggles between wrapping text lines or extending them beyond the editor border.
- Show invisibles: Toggles between showing or hiding invisible characters such as spaces.
- Show gutter: Toggles between showing or hiding the gutter and line numbers on the left side of the editor.
Updated Calendar Element
This release also brings you an updated Calendar Element with several new features, including responsiveness. If you have an existing calendar on your site, in the calendar settings you see that the style is set to CalendarOld (if you had previously set your style to Calendar).
This means the calendar is using the old style for the calendar. To switch to the updated calendar, choose the Calendar style. The CalendarOld style is not available for calendars created after the 2016.6 release.
When you change to the Calendar style, you see a new style option: Dark Theme. As the name suggests, clicking the box formats your calendar with a dark theme.
Calendar events also give you a great new feature: Highlight Color. For a calendar formatted with the Calendar style, selecting one of the 10 color choices highlights the event in that color. Calendars that use the List, List with Description, or List with Summary style do not highlight events.
Behind the scenes we’ve also added many new classes and updated code that enables developers to more easily apply their own styling to the Calendar Element.
Updated Admin Toolbar and Page Bar
The admin toolbar now has a fresh new look and simplifies the way you access different site management options. Previously, you had to use a slider button to toggle back and forth between the site management and the store management toolbars. We have eliminated the slider button, and all options are now available from a single toolbar.
The new admin toolbar has a Store menu option, and all functions that were previously available from the store management toolbar are now found on the Store menu.
You now have the option to expand or collapse the page bar. To collapse the page bar, click the collapse button on the right side of the bar. This collapses the bar and leaves only the expand button visible. Click the expand button to display the full page bar.
Export Users to CSV
One often requested feature is an option to export user information to a CSV file. The Account Websites Page now gives you options for exporting admin users and exporting all users. To export users go to Account > Websites and click the gear icon above the websites list.
Choose Export Admin Users to create and download a CSV file of administrative users, or choose Export All Users to create and download a CSV file of all users from all websites. The CSV file includes the information from the user accounts, including the website and the date of last login.
New Theme: Awake
A new responsive design, Awake, is now available in the design area of the site. If you're one who is not afraid to color outside the lines, this might be the theme for you. See more for yourself at themeawake.publishpath.com.
See the following 2016.6 Release Notes to see what else this release includes.
2016.6 Release Notes
- Added the new code element for placing code on a page so that code no longer has to be added through the text element.
- Added a feature to the account websites page to export admin users or all users.
- A new responsive theme, Awake, is now available in the design area of the site.
- Updated and reorganized the admin toolbar.
- Added expand and collapse feature to the page bar.
- Updated the calendar element to include responsiveness, light and dark themes, event highlighting, and more CSS for easier styling.
- Added an option to the photo gallery advanced settings to disable FancyBox. This enables developers to use a different script for the photo gallery.
- The blog post iTunes summary is now truncated to 4,000 characters.
- The store checkout notification email now includes the customer email address and marketing materials flag in the body of the email.
- When a site is set for 508 compliance, the form builder descriptor fields are defaulted to input name instead of input note. This makes the form 508 compliant.
- The author email is now an optional entry for blog posts.
- Blog tags are now included when importing a WordPress blog.
- Sites provided through NetSuite.org no longer receive the trial website popups.
- The Media Manager now automatically selects the last uploaded image.
- Corrected the calculation that client billing setup uses to ensure that you do not charge your clients less than the base cost of the site.
Posted on Tue, November 15, 2016