Can you believe it’s already a new year? If you feel anything like we do, we’re still trying to figure out what happened to 2014. Since life clearly isn’t moving any slower, we think it’s important to write our thoughts down and share them with our customers. So in keeping with tradition, we wanted to take a look back at some of last year’s top blog posts and review some of the important feature enhancements LightCMS gave you in 2014.
So let’s get to the meat and potatoes of what we’ve been up to. Throughout the course of 2014, we worked hard to bring our customers new features improved capabilities – ones that make LightCMS easier to use, and more secure. Here’s a list of our previous release notes, in case you missed any of them:
- New Element UI
- New Element toolbar UI loads faster, and is more efficient
- New, quicker way to add elements, reducing clicks by 50%
- Updated WYSIWYG Editor, Including Mobile Access
- Updated UI to better match the LightCMS look and feel
- Mobile browsers now provide a WYSIWYG editor
- Full screen text editing feature added
- Password Protected Pages & Calendar Enhancements
- Added password protection for pages without needing to create new user or role in system
- New Manage Events page allows users to manage and search by names and dates
- Added end time for calendar invites and visibility to timestamp on event summary view
- Responsive Checkout & New Templates
- Friendlier, easier-to-use checkout experience
- Two new responsive designs – Civet & Liberty
- Form Builder updated with new look and feel
- Free Shipping & Stripe Enhancements
- Added promo code that allows for free shipping on any order
- More currencies now accepted via Stripe
- Blog Enhancements
- Added publish time
- Enhanced blog post management, allowing search & sort by dates, titles, etc.
- Read More feature added
We’ve been in the web design business for a long time. We understand the unique challenges that our customers face on a daily basis because this is how our company started. We understand that LightCMS will only be as successful as the customers using our product – when you win, we win. We want to do everything we can to help you build fantastic websites, so we take time to share some of the lessons we’ve learned over the years. Here are just a few:
In 2014 we continued to celebrate the success of our partners and customers. We shared this with you on our website throughout the year, and we had a blast pulling together the stories of several LightCMS partners. We love seeing our customers’ businesses grow and thrive, and we will always keep our customers at the heart of our product. If you have a LightCMS success story to share, we’d love to hear from you.
As of June 2014, we also started providing release notes to summarize the new features, enhancements, and issue resolutions included in each release. These notes give you an at-a-glance notification of everything to expect in each release, and each of these blog posts can be easily found by checking out our “release notes” tag on our blog.
< The Source />
Due to the unique needs of our partners and power users, we wanted to have a way to share specific information, recap recent feature additions, preview future product enhancements, and celebrate the success of our partners. We are now accomplishing all this and more via our email newsletter, affectionately known as The Source.
We’re proud of the progress we’ve made thus far, and we’re looking forward to another great year. Speaking of… we’ll soon be announcing some pretty awesome news for our partners who use client billing. If you fall into that category, be looking for an email from us within the coming weeks.
We are honored to have so many great customers, and we’re grateful for your continued support. If you have any suggestions on how we can make additional improvements to LightCMS, we’d love to hear from you. Feel free to comment below or shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Here’s to a great 2015!
Posted on Fri, January 16, 2015