Well, our “10 iPads in 10 days” giveaway has come to an end. To be quite honest, we’re pretty sad to see it go. We’ve had a great time giving iPads away and interacting with all of you who participated with us. If you’d like to review the iPad winners, you can see them all on our giveaway page. Just hover over the image of each day’s iPad to see who won that day.
Having never run a promotion like this before, there are a few things that have pleasantly surprised me personally.
- I’ve been surprised by how much fun I’ve had reading and responding to the tweets we’ve received from so many people all over the world.
- I’ve also been surprised by how much time I’ve spent on #1 (above).
- I’ve been surprised and impressed by the way so many people have congratulated our iPad winners after they have been announced. You guys are a great community.
- I’ve been surprised by the level of excitement generated on Twitter around 4pm CDT each day as we prepared to announce our winners.
- I’ve been surprised by how much I think I’ll miss getting to do this every day :(
These are all very pleasant surprises which just goes to say we’ve enjoyed hosting this giveaway even more than we thought we would. We’ve met a lot of new people and we’ve made some relationships that I believe will last well beyond this temporary promotion.
Some of you may have tweeted us questions that we weren’t able to answer because of the overwhelming amount of traffic we were receiving. We apologize if this is the case for you. If you would try sending your question again next week, we’d love to help and we’ll be much better able to respond after the giveaway traffic dies down. You can tweet us questions or email them to email@example.com.
Thank you all again for your participation in the iPad giveaway. We look forward to the days ahead. We’ve got a lot of great stuff planned for LightCMS, so stay tuned!
Posted on Fri, September 24, 2010
by Tim Wall filed under