We're rolling out some improvements to the Photo Gallery element next week, and we wanted to give you a heads up. The video below gives an overview of the changes and shows you a bit of what it looks like. See below the video for a quick summary of the changes.
Summary of the changes
- The detail view of the images has been improved with a sleeker, new interface. All of the content and functionality of this view remain the same.
- The thumbnail views are not changing at all.
- The interface for managing the photo gallery is not changing at all.
- Prototype is still used in the Form Builder elements, but we will be working to change that to jQuery in the future.
- This is an incremental step in improvements to the Photo Gallery. There is more to come in the future.
Potential issue for customized styles on the Photo Gallery detail view
There is one way in which this change could potentially impact an existing website design on LightCMS. If you have created custom styles to change the appearance of the detail view of images in the photo gallery, those styles will no longer work. However, nothing will break as the photo gallery will now simply utilize our improved photo gallery detail view, which is what you see on the video above.
Please note, this only affects you if you have customized the look of the DETAIL / LARGE view of images. The thumbnail view of images will not be affected. We are not aware of any websites on our system that have done this type of customization, but it is possible, so we want to make sure you are aware of this change. If you have any questions about this, please email our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here's an image you can show to your clients
If you'd like to communicate this change to your clients, you can use the image below, which is unbranded, to show them what the new photo gallery detail view will look like.
Tentatively scheduled for next Wednesday or Thursday
The launch date is tentative at this point, but we are aiming for Wednesday or Thursday, July 28 or 29, 2010. We do not anticipate any downtime with this update. Thanks and we look forward to bringing you the changes!
Thu, July 22, 2010
by Tim Wall filed under