Hi. I'm Chad. I like to keep things simple. Luckily, LightCMS makes it very simple to get a design business set up online using its built-in reseller tools. In this post, I'm going to give you a quick and easy guide to setting up a design business online, making use of many of the tools LightCMS has to offer.
- Sign-up for your free LightCMS account. Easy peasy. Just visit our cms website and you'll be up and running in no time.
- Build a website for your business. Websites up to 3 pages are completely free on our system. No hosting costs, no costs of any kind. To create your site you can use one of our free, built-in designs, or make one of your own.
- Add the sign-up element. The sign-up element lets your customers sign up for a free website under your LightCMS account through a form on your own site. You can upload your own design to be used on these websites and even use a custom domain for the sites that are created.
- Add marketing content. LightCMS provides some handy marketing content you can put on your own site by simply pasting in simple code snippets. Add a pricing grid, video demos, and a full features list easily. The content will be automatically kept up to date.
- Use your own domain. Even on free websites, you can use your own custom domain. Just record your domain in your website's settings and then point the A record for your domain to our IP address.
- Create free demo sites for your clients. Since websites on LightCMS are free up to 3 pages, you can create demo sites for all of your potential clients. They can sign up through the sign-up element (mentioned above) or you can create sites for them through your account dashboard. It takes just a few seconds to create a new site.
That's it! You can see why I call it quick and easy. You know, before I found LightCMS, I had such a hard time getting my design business up and running, it made me very sad.
But now with LightCMS, things are quick and easy, which makes me happy.
Tue, September 21, 2010
by Chad Jaggers filed under